Amanda-Users

Re: amanda newbie

2003-08-12 18:20:05
Subject: Re: amanda newbie
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: Shashi Kanbur <shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:46:34 -0700
On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:32:33AM -0400, Shashi Kanbur wrote:
> Ive just run a backup but it wouldnt change tapes automatically. It
> stopped the process after it got to the end of tape1. amflush wont change
> tapes either. I think I have confifured amanda.conf correctly to do this.

It looks like you have ('runtapes 4', tpchanger, changerfile, changerdev).

Just a thought, you should be able to do: 'tpchanger chg-zd-mtx'
(not full path), just in case some part of amanda is doing
pattern-match on tpchanger value and not expecting full-path.

> I can use chg-zd-mtz to manipulate the robot and amtape as well to load
> tapes from particular slots to the current drive etc. The drive is in
> random mode.

That all sounds good.  There should be debug files for changer
and amanda itself in /tmp/amanda (by default) and there should
also be some signs of distress in "logdir"/amdump.*.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461