Amanda-Users

amanda newbie

2003-08-12 15:50:27
Subject: amanda newbie
From: Shashi Kanbur <shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:32:33 -0400 (EDT)
I am new to Amanda, using Amanda-2.4.4p1 on Debian linux systems.
I have an Overland Loader Express with an LTO-II drive and 11 slots.
Ive just run a backup but it wouldnt change tapes automatically. It
stopped the process after it got to the end of tape1. amflush wont change
tapes either. I think I have confifured amanda.conf correctly to do this.
I can use chg-zd-mtz to manipulate the robot and amtape as well to load
tapes from particular slots to the current drive etc. The drive is in
random mode.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

 Here are the relevant portions:

amanda.conf

runtapes 4              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
tpchanger "/usr/local/amanda/libexec/chg-zd-mtx"        # the tape-changer
glue
script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
rawtapedev "/dev/nst0"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/usr/local/amanda/etc/amanda/astro/changer"
#changerfile "/usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg2"

Heres changer.conf

firstslot=1
lastslot=11
cleanslot=-1
driveslot=0
autoclean=0
autocleancount=99
havereader=0
offline_before_unload=0
poll_drive_ready=3
max_drive_wait=120

Shashi Kanbur                                  shashi AT fcrao1.astro.umass DOT
edu
Five College Astronomy Department,
University of Massachusetts,
Amherst,
MA 01003
USA
(413) 577 0470                                 (413) 545 4223 (Fax)