Amanda-Users

Re: disk offline?

2003-08-12 17:19:45
Subject: Re: disk offline?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "LaValley, Brian E" <BLaValley AT ALLEGROMICRO DOT com>, "Amanda-Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:15:10 -0400
On Tuesday 12 August 2003 11:53, LaValley, Brian E wrote:
>I have not been able to backup anything on my local system.  AMANDA
> reports that it thinks the disk is offline.  Where should I start
> looking to find out what is wrong?

Start in the disklist and get rid of any localhost entries, use only
FQDN's there.

Make sure your /etc/hosts file is complete, including a direct
translation of the servers FQDN to the servers IP address.

And make sure the .amandahosts file is correct, including perms, which
for security should be 0600.  Amanda will read it with more
permissive perms ok, but you don't exactly want half the planet
reading that.

Then make sure the amanda related files in /etc/xinetd.d are correct.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: