Amanda-Users

Re: writing filemark: Input/output error. what now?

2003-08-12 16:51:29
Subject: Re: writing filemark: Input/output error. what now?
From: "Steven J. Backus" <backus AT math.utah DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:52:35 -0600 (MDT)
Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> wrote

> It couuld also be that you are using a changer, and your tape was
> not yet ready when amanda decided to write.

I'm using an exabyte 1x7 VXA-2 autoloader, so this is possible.

> In the latest snapshot (even after amanda 2.4.4p1) there is an
> extra parameter added to increase certain timings for changers.

Although running this in production may be problematic, anyone have
more information on it?  The tape was already sucked into the
drive, so I'm not sure which parameter I'd increase.  I'm using the
chg-zd-mtx script.

Thanks,
  Steve