Amanda-Users

Re: Still working on it

2003-08-08 22:08:49
Subject: Re: Still working on it
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 22:07:26 -0400
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 04:44:51PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> OK - I am really trying not to pester you guys and work these things
> through by myself...
>
> If I have in my 'disklist'
>
> localhost /home high-tar
> localhost /home/samba high-tar
> localhost /home/samba/files high-tar

The required comment ...
use of hostnames rather than localhost is recommended.

> and in my global config I have it exclude ".amanda-exludes"
>  (of course high-tar pulls from root-tar which pulls from global)

The exclude directive can be given two modifiers, "list" or "file".
It defaults to "file".  So your directive is the equivalent of
exclude file ".amanda-excludes".

The "file" modifier says you want to exclude a single file named
.amanda-excludes.  Not what you really are trying to do.

The modifier "list" is used to specify the name of a file containing
a list of exclude patterns.  So you want the "list" modifier.

> and in my /home/.amanda-excludes I have
> pattern `./samba'
>
> and in my /home/samba/.amanda-excludes I have
> pattern `./files'

I've never seen the word "pattern" put in an exclude file.
Maybe it is optional, but I do not see it in the docs either.

Likewise I've never seen the pattern in the exclude files quoted.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)