Amanda-Users

RE: A last question (here) on chg-MTX-ZD

2003-08-08 11:46:31
Subject: RE: A last question (here) on chg-MTX-ZD
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:45:00 -0500
   mtx -F <changerdev> load tape 44 into drive 2
Very Close Jon:

 mtx [ -f <loader-dev> ] [invert] load <storage-element-number> [<drive#>]
(so for me:  mtx -f  /dev/changer load 44 2)
(and yes, after finally getting all that SCSI junk done, it's /dev/changer
which points to
 /dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0

So you (too) think that driveslot IS required to point to correct drive.

Now, which tapedev do I point to in amanda.conf... This gets more confusing...