Amanda-Users

Amanda (or gtar) ignoring exclude file list

2003-08-07 18:39:20
Subject: Amanda (or gtar) ignoring exclude file list
From: "Jonathan B. Bayer" <jbayer AT bayerfamily DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:36:17 -0400

Hello amanda-users,

I have an interesting problem. I use gtar for my backups with Amanda. I
have an exclude file specified, and I know it is on all my systems
because if the file is missing then Amanda complains.

However, gtar seems to ignore the exclude list.  For example, I have the
following in one of the files on one system:

./opt
./tmp
./dev
./var/lib/amanda
./var/log
./var/spool
./log
./spool

Yet I get the following errors/warnings on my Amanda report:

? gtar: ./log/messages: file changed as we read it
? gtar: ./log/postgresql: file changed as we read it

and this is the relevent line from the disklist file:

p1.questionmarket.com           /var    comp-high

Here is the definition of comp-high:

define dumptype global {
    comment "Global definitions"
    index yes
    program "GNUTAR"
}
define dumptype comp-high {
    global
    comment "very important partitions on fast machines"
    compress server best
    priority high
}

I'm running Amanda 2.4.4p1 on all systems.  Both of these systems are
Redhat Linux release 9

Thanks in advance

JBB
- ---
 Jonathan B. Bayer                          mailto:jbayer AT bayerfamily DOT net