Amanda-Users

[dir /etc needs 64KB, only has 0KB available.]

2003-08-07 17:56:30
Subject: [dir /etc needs 64KB, only has 0KB available.]
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:54:26 -0500
Hi,

I'm getting this error on only one of many directories I'm backing up:
        ERROR: whatever: [dir /etc needs 64KB, only has 0KB available.]

I saw some patches for tar on http://www.amanda.org/patches.php but none are
for my specific version of tar. The amanda FAQ says this shows up in "at least"
glibc 2.1... but the only mention of glibc on the patches page is talking about
a tar patch for tar-1.13.18

I'm using these RPMs on a RedHat 7.3 server:

tar-1.13.25-4.7.1
glibc-common-2.2.5-43
compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2
glibc-2.2.5-43
glibc-devel-2.2.5-43

Sorry if this is a FAQ, I've searched Google and the amanda FAQ and have not
seen a solution yet. up2date says I'm using the most recent version of glibc
and tar for RedHat 7.3, though I suspect there are probably more recent
versions I could install from source if I need to... I'm just confused as to
why this error only shows up on /etc and none of the other directories.

Cheers
Jeremy Martin