Amanda-Users

RE: selfcheck timeout after a week of troubleshooting, on just one client out of many

2003-08-07 16:42:28
Subject: RE: selfcheck timeout after a week of troubleshooting, on just one client out of many
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:37:59 -0500
For the record, I finally figured out what the problem was. (!!!)

In /etc/services on the problematic clients, I had all of my custom ports
listed, as well as the default ports (10080, etc).

I had the default ports (10080 TCP/UP) at the very bottom, below all of my
custom ports. I moved the default ports above my custom ports (and restarted
xinetd) and it started working.

The default ports were above the custom ports on the other clients that were
working, because I left them in place, and didn't move them down to where all
of my custom ports were listed at the bottom. Didn't notice until today...

Rejoicing,
Jeremy