Amanda-Users

Re: Run time

2003-08-06 14:30:51
Subject: Re: Run time
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: "Bruntel, Mitchell L" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:25:36 -0700
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:26:31AM -0500, Bruntel, Mitchell L wrote:
> Quick Question:
>
> How long should a amcheck take?  is it safe to presume that a job
> that has my chg-zd.mtx running with 41 mins is hung, and I should kill
> it?

Normally takes a few seconds, PLUS as long as it takes for it to
find a suitable tape.

With 81 slots, I suppose it *could* take 41 minutes to search all slots
if there were no "suitable" tapes.  Probably not.

Check the chg-zd-mtx debug file to see what it thinks it is
doing.

truss -p the chg-zd-mtx process to see what's going on there.

ptree the chg-zd-mtx process to see if there's an mtx child out
in the ozone.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461