Amanda-Users

Re: dumps not running in parallel -- why?

2003-06-27 12:11:28
Subject: Re: dumps not running in parallel -- why?
From: Jack Twilley <jmt AT twilley DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:11:19 -0700

Jack> I've set up amanda and it runs fine, except I only get one
Jack> dumper running at any given time.  I have eight partitions, two
Jack> holding disks, and a single HP C1557A tape drive.  I have
Jack> inparallel set to 4 and dumporder set to "sssS".  Is there any
Jack> reason why I have only one dumper running?

Joshua> By default, amanda only runs one dump per client.  Increase
Joshua> 'maxdumps' in amanda.conf to change this.

This worked exactly as expected.  Of course, performance stunk, as
those eight partitions are on only two disks.  Looks like I need to
read the documentation and add spindles.

Thanks for the help!

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley