Amanda-Users

Re: dumps not running in parallel -- why?

2003-06-25 17:21:19
Subject: Re: dumps not running in parallel -- why?
From: Peter Kunst <Peter.Kunst AT csksoftware DOT com>
To: Jack Twilley <jmt AT twilley DOT org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:19:23 +0200
Hi Jack,

Jack Twilley wrote:
> I've set up amanda and it runs fine, except I only get one dumper
> running at any given time.  I have eight partitions, two holding
> disks, and a single HP C1557A tape drive.  I have inparallel set to 4
> and dumporder set to "sssS".  Is there any reason why I have only one
> dumper running?

hmm, i have set "inparallel 8" and also defined 8 "dumporder"
characters. never tried what happens if set less dumporder settings
than "inparallel". this might be your problem. try and define 8
dumporders.

have you set "amflush yes" in your amanda.conf ?

 Cheers, Peter

--
\ Peter Kunst       \ CSK Software AG ----> http://www.csksoftware.com /
 \ -> Development &  \ $WORK: pkunst AT csksoftware DOT com (+49-69-50952-0) /