Amanda-Users

Sg driver and tape changer.

2003-06-27 10:44:01
Subject: Sg driver and tape changer.
From: Russell Adams <RLAdams AT Kelsey-Seybold DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:40:31 -0500
I'm having repeated problems with my tape changer and the sg device.

I'm running a Dell Powervault 120T (DLT7000 w/ 7 tape changer) on an
adaptec (aic7xxx driver) card.

Every time I load a tape using mtx, subsequent calls to mtx report:

cannot open SCSI device '/dev/sg0' - No such device or address

/dev/sg0 still exists, but I can't seem to talk to the changer
anymore. I can talk to the drive itself however.

The only fix I've found for this is to rmmod all the scsi drivers
(st,sr_mod,sg,aic7xxx) and then insmod them again.

Anyone else have similar issues? This makes using amtape conf taper
very difficult.

Russell