Amanda-Users

Re: amdump to many taper retries

2003-06-26 05:39:23
Subject: Re: amdump to many taper retries
From: Susanne und Stefan Noll <s.noll AT freenet DOT de>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:37:32 +0200
Frank Smith wrote:

--On Tuesday, June 17, 2003 10:01:23 +0200 Stefan Noll <s.noll AT freenet DOT
de> wrote:

hi,

4 months ago I installed amanda 2.4.2p  and it worked fine.
but now I get following strange error:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
localhost  /home/samba/projekte/Laufende lev 0 FAILED [too many taper retries]

NOTES:
taper: tape met053 kb 17996640 fm 21 writing file: No space left on device
taper: retrying localhost:/home/samba/projekte/Laufende.0 on new tape: [writing
file: No space left on device]

As others have pointed out you hit EOT, probably because you were using
hardware compression
on already compressed data.

taper: tape met055 kb 17488544 fm 1 writing file: Input/output error
taper: retrying localhost:/home/samba/projekte/Laufende.0 on new tape: [writing
file: Input/output error]
taper: tape met054 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]

Possibly met055 is a bad tape, or you may need to add a sleep in your changer
script. It
takes awhile for most changers to unload and load a new tape.  I had to add
some sleep
time to mine to keep from getting I/O errors trying to read the label while the
new
tape was still being loaded.

Frank
Thanks for advice.
I added some sleep in my changerscript after unload tape and after load tape.

Greetings Stefan Noll