Amanda-Users

Re: Can't get disklist example to work...

2003-06-25 16:26:17
Subject: Re: Can't get disklist example to work...
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: jwp AT xnet DOT com
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:22:18 +0200
Jeffrey Parker wrote:
        I can't get the example in the disklist to work for splitting
up large disks with gnutar.  Like this:

Gnutar correctly uses the regular expressions, but when it comes to

How do you know it correctly uses the regular expressions?

actually back them up I get stuff like

? gtar: Cannot stat ./lost+found: No such file or directory

(Are you trying to backup with an "include" directive
the lost+found directory? Just curious.)

? gtar: Cannot add file ./lost+found: No such file or directory
| Total bytes written: 10240

These files/directories DO exist!  What happened?  It's like it's not

They do exist where you look, but in the place amanda is looking
apparently.  Send us your exact disklist entries.

backing up in the right place, but it looked there to get the name of the directory. It's like its not cd'ing to the parent
directory first.  Is there a bug here, or am I not configuring
correctly?

What do you mean cd'int to the parent directory?
gnutar does a cd to the directory you specify as the device (or directory) name. From that directory is never does a cd anywhere,
it uses the relative paths from that point.
(But ./lost+found is is normal cases a directory only found in
top level mount points, so I expect is to be there -- but I would
include it in a backup.)