Amanda-Users

Can't get disklist example to work...

2003-06-25 16:14:02
Subject: Can't get disklist example to work...
From: Jeffrey Parker <jwp AT xnet DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:01:18 -0500
Hello,

        I can't get the example in the disklist to work for splitting
up large disks with gnutar.  Like this:

# boltneck.domain.com /adminshare/am /adminshare  {
# comp-user-tar
# include append "./[a-m]*"
# } 1
# boltneck.domain.com /adminshare/nz /adminshare  {
# comp-user-tar
# include "./[n-z]*"
# } -1

etc.

Gnutar correctly uses the regular expressions, but when it comes to
actually back them up I get stuff like

? gtar: Cannot stat ./lost+found: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot stat ./it: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot stat ./inuse.txt: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot stat ./customers.txt: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot add file ./customers.txt: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot add file ./inuse.txt: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot add file ./it: No such file or directory
? gtar: Cannot add file ./lost+found: No such file or directory
| Total bytes written: 10240

These files/directories DO exist!  What happened?  It's like it's not
backing up in the right place, but it looked there to get
the name of the directory.  It's like its not cd'ing to the parent
directory first.  Is there a bug here, or am I not configuring
correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Parker

--