Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris 8 compile problem with amanda 2.4.4

2003-06-25 04:20:34
Subject: Re: Solaris 8 compile problem with amanda 2.4.4
From: "Jim Mozley" <jim.mozley AT exponential-e DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:14:09 +0100
Solution found:

I ended up using crle to add to the default library path:

# crle -u -l /usr/local/lib

Following great advice on this list (thanks all) I had tried using
LDFLAGS="-R/usr/local/lib", LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib, none of which stopped the error. I also
used crle to modify the trusted directories as someone suggested but this
turned out not to be needed.

I don't know why crle was necessary (I've not needed this before) and the
other methods didn't work. Other compiled software on the same servers
doesn't have this problem and I've not needed it with amanda before.

Thanks again for the help,

Jim

> Having trouble with a solaris 8 compile of amanda 2.4.4 on sparc hardware.
> I've compile amanda successfully before on the same platform, but cannot
> work out what I'm doing wrong.
>
> The problem manifests when I run amcheck:
>
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/amcheck: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No
such
> file or directory
>
> The only thing I know is different is that I have compiled readline rather
> than use the version from sunfreeware.com as I have in the past. When I
have
> installed the package version from sunfreeware I have always seen errors
> about readline support no matter what I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> or --with-includes, etc. So I thought I try to get this working. I don't
> know if this is the source of the error as I didn't think amcheck used
> readline.
>
> Using:
>
> ./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup \
>         --with-includes=/usr/local/include \
>         --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib \
>         --with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/tar \
> gcc 3.2.2
> gmake 3.8
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
>
> Looking through config.log for error or fatal strings I can see:
>
> conftest.c:2: parse error before "me"
> configure:4041: $? = 1
> configure: failed program was:
> #ifndef __cplusplus
>   choke me
> #endif
>
> In file included from configure:12882:
> /usr/include/netinet/ip.h:61: field `ip_src' has incomplete type
> /usr/include/netinet/ip.h:61: field `ip_dst' has incomplete type
> /usr/include/netinet/ip.h:62: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
>
> ld: fatal: library -lfl: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
>
> ld: fatal: library -lcur_colr: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
>
> ld: fatal: library -lsun: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> However, the make; make install completes.
>

> Any pointer appreciated, I have tried a lot of variants
of --with-libraries