Amanda-Users

Solaris 8 compile problem with amanda 2.4.4

2003-06-23 05:10:15
Subject: Solaris 8 compile problem with amanda 2.4.4
From: "Jim Mozley" <jim.mozley AT exponential-e DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:13:11 +0100
Hi all,

Having trouble with a solaris 8 compile of amanda 2.4.4 on sparc hardware.
I've compile amanda successfully before on the same platform, but cannot
work out what I'm doing wrong.

The problem manifests when I run amcheck:

ld.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/amcheck: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such
file or directory

The only thing I know is different is that I have compiled readline rather
than use the version from sunfreeware.com as I have in the past. When I have
installed the package version from sunfreeware I have always seen errors
about readline support no matter what I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
or --with-includes, etc. So I thought I try to get this working. I don't
know if this is the source of the error as I didn't think amcheck used
readline.

Using:

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup \
        --with-includes=/usr/local/include \
        --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib \
        --with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/tar \
gcc 3.2.2
gmake 3.8
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib

Looking through config.log for error or fatal strings I can see:

conftest.c:2: parse error before "me"
configure:4041: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#ifndef __cplusplus
  choke me
#endif

In file included from configure:12882:
/usr/include/netinet/ip.h:61: field `ip_src' has incomplete type
/usr/include/netinet/ip.h:61: field `ip_dst' has incomplete type
/usr/include/netinet/ip.h:62: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

ld: fatal: library -lfl: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest

ld: fatal: library -lcur_colr: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest

ld: fatal: library -lsun: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

However, the make; make install completes.

Any pointer appreciated, I have tried a lot of variants of --with-libraries
and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, tried with and without a portrange specified for backup
through a firewall, but I still get the same error.

Regards,

Jim