Amanda-Users

Re: this is one I haven't seen

2003-06-20 19:17:40
Subject: Re: this is one I haven't seen
From: FM Taylor <ftaylor1 AT indstate DOT edu>
To: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:15:11 -0500
Your wish is my command ;)

SunOS flash 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
[E3500]

Changer is a SpectraLogic 10000

in chg-scsi.conf:

scsitapedev     /dev/scsi/sequential/c2t8d0

The devices are:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 64 May 27 07:43 /dev/scsi/sequential/c2t8d0 -> ../../../devices/sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/sgen@8,0:sequential

flash:~$ ls -al /devices/sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/sgen@8,0:sequential
crw------- 1 amanda sys 178, 8 May 27 07:43 /devices/sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/sgen@8,0:sequential

In amanda.conf:

tpchanger "chg-scsi"    # the tape-changer glue script

tapedev "0"

I have tried variations on tapedev with no success.

As far as I can tell any amtape command now fails. I re-enaabled the barcode and am now getting this:

flash:~$ amtape DailySet4 current
amtape: scanning current slot in tape-changer rack:
slot 26: rewinding tape: Inappropriate ioctl for device

flash:~$ amcheck DailySet4
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
Holding disk /amanda/0: 43683108 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 26: rewinding tape: Inappropriate ioctl for device

It seems to be moving the tapes around just fine, it can no longer talk to the drive(s) it seems.