Amanda-Users

Re: this is one I haven't seen

2003-06-20 18:53:19
Subject: Re: this is one I haven't seen
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: FM Taylor <ftaylor1 AT indstate DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:49:19 -0500
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 05:23:15PM -0500, FM Taylor wrote:
> After an upgrade all of my /dev/rmt/devices are now
> /dev/scsi/sequential/devices.  That in itself was no problem.
>
> However, I am now getting this strange error, and I don't know how to
> fix it.
>
> tape_rdlabel: tape open: 0: No such file or directory
>
> What did I miss?

According to your mail headers you sent this from a Windows98 machine,
but I doubt that that is the platform you are running amanda on.  How
about letting us in on that secret?  You also might consider telling us
what command you are getting that tape_rdlabel error from.  How about
telling us what you set your tapedev parameter in amanda.conf to?

Brandon D. Valentine
--
Systems Administrator
Center for Structural Biology