Amanda-Users

RE: strange am-label issue

2003-06-16 13:18:10
Subject: RE: strange am-label issue
From: "Ron Bauman" <RBauman AT HatterasNetworks DOT com>
To: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:14:14 -0400
I had a similar problem with a Sony SDX-500C drive.  I found the changer script
wasn't waiting for the tape to really become ready.  Using 2.4.4, chg-zd-mtx
and adding this to changer.conf solved the problem:

offlinestatus=1           #### Set to 0 if 'mt status' gives an
#                         #### "offline" when drive is offline.
#                         #### Set to 1 or greater if 'mt status'
#                         #### doesn't give and offline, rather an
#                         #### "ONLINE" when drive is online.

Ron Bauman
Hatteras Networks, Inc.