Amanda-Users

Amanda unable to back up a directory

2003-06-14 17:41:54
Subject: Amanda unable to back up a directory
From: Alex Thurlow <alex.thurlow AT skylist DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:39:06 -0500
I'm having a strange error that I'm don't think is actually due to an amanda config problem, but I'm seeing it through amanda, so I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a machine that I'm backing up /etc and /home on. Amanda backs up /etc fine, but it never backs up /home.

The mail report just says: "mail2 /home lev 0 FAILED [mesg read: Connection timed out]"

And the log says:
FAIL dumper mail2 /home 0 [mesg read: Connection timed out]
  sendbackup: start [mail2:/home level 0]
  sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
  sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/usr/bin/gzip -dc |/bin/tar -f... -
  sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
  sendbackup: info end

I've tried multiple IP addresses on the machine to try to make sure it's not a networking problem. I'm pretty much stumped here, so I was hoping someone could help me out.

Thanks,
Alex Thurlow