Amanda-Users

Re: pre dump

2003-06-13 12:44:50
Subject: Re: pre dump
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:41:23 -0400
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:29:41PM -0400, Bill Nolf wrote:
> Is there a way to run amdump in pre-dump mode?   Do are the estimates,
> planner, etc
> but don't do the actual dump?  I have a couple of files systems with are
> about 10 GB and the tape should
> hold a native 20 gb and compressed 40gb but planner won't back it up
> because it is too large.

Not to my knowledge.

I presume you want this for analysis or debugging?

Have you looked at the debugging files in /tmp/amanda?  Between them
and the log files in your amanda config directory all the info you might
get from a "pre-dump mode" should be available.

The list might be able to offer some advice if it knew what
errors you had reported, your config, your environment, ...
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)