Amanda-Users

Re: 3rd time's the charm? Please help...amrecover problem?

2003-06-12 09:50:34
Subject: Re: 3rd time's the charm? Please help...amrecover problem?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Glenn Sieb <ges AT lumeta DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:48:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 at 9:38am, Glenn Sieb wrote

> I'm in a bind here.. I'm totally stuck and I was supposed to get these
> files restored 3 days ago. If I'm in the wrong place, if I'm missing some
> obvious thing, or if I've left out any information needed to troubleshoot
> this properly, please let me know. I'm stuck here. :(

To just get the files off now (and not debug amrecover) use amrestore
(or dd) to get the whole image off the tape, and grab the mailbox that you
need out of that.  As the perl people like to say, TMTOWTDI.

As to amrecover...

> (after the add_file stuff) in amrecover.20030609161041.debug:
>
> amtape log:

There should be some other logs, dealing specifically with the tape
operations.  Also, any errors in the system logs?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering