Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck - linux client problem

2003-06-11 13:14:20
Subject: Re: amcheck - linux client problem
From: Bill Nolf <bnolf AT argoneng DOT com>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:09:32 -0400
That was it.  I had diskname and diskdevice screwed up.

thanks

Frank Smith wrote:
--On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 11:32:36 -0400 Bill Nolf <bnolf AT argoneng DOT com> wrote:

ext3 and tar

Tar does filesystem-level backup, dump deals with devices.  Try
changing your disklist entry to /  (or whatever /dev/hda1 is
mounted as).

Frank

Server - Solaris 8 Client - Red Hat Linux 7.2

When I run amcheck -cl normal

I get the following back from the linux client:

ERROR: /dev/hda1 selftest does not support device

ERROR: /dev/hda1 sendbackup does not support device

What type of filesystem is on /dev/hda1 and what program are you trying

to back it up with?

Frank

--

Frank Smith
fsmith AT hoovers DOT com <mailto:fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>

Hoover's Online                                          Fax:
512-374-4501

--

Bill Nolf

Argon Engineering Associates, Inc.

SSEE-E Sr. System Administrator

bnolf AT argoneng DOT com <mailto:bnolf AT argoneng DOT com>
703-828-2123