Amanda-Users

Re: warning Bugbear.B virus

2003-06-11 10:18:51
Subject: Re: warning Bugbear.B virus
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>, AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:17:09 -0400
On Wednesday 11 June 2003 08:55, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>Just for those that do not know it yet...
>There is a new variant of Bugbear around since last week.  I already
>received two messages through the amanda mailing list with the
> virus. The last one was probably from someone who got infected the
> first time.
>
>Update your virus signatures please, or don't use (the) windows.

Somewhat interesting Paul, I got the attachments from JC here, and
they were not impeded by something called GroupShield.  I looked them
over with kwrite and they looked like the real thing.  No new bugbear
virii in them, nor any copyright/license notices.

Whoever's filter triggered on them must have been trained to reject
the .bat extension.  A very wise move for windose lusers. :)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: