Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple backup groups (explained)

2003-06-10 07:49:33
Subject: Re: Multiple backup groups (explained)
From: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:53:45 -0500
How about running it the other way around? If you're using win2k/xp, use
the native windows ntbackup.exe to write it out to file on disk. Setup a
samba server with enough disk & share out to the target machines only.
Schedule the target machines to run ntbackup to the samba share. On my p3
1ghz, 10G takes about 30 mins. Then at some conveinient time, run amanda
on the samba shares.

I've kludged together a batch file that also captures the ntbackup logs.
Not pretty, but it works. I'll send it to you if you like.

--
toby bluhm
philips medical systems, it support, mr development, cleveland ohio

Daniel Bentley <danielb AT qsicorp DOT com>
Sent by:
owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
06/09/2003 06:58 PM