Amanda-Users

Re: strategy

2003-06-02 14:45:22
Subject: Re: strategy
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:41:54 -0400
On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 08:43:21PM +0300, Paolo Supino wrote:

> Hi
>
>   Last week I installed amanda on a new network and in the
> configuration I gave it: strategy noinc. For some unkonwn
> reason amanda ignored the strategy and complained about
> not being able to complete incremental backups. Today I

Doesn't that suggest it was not ignoring the strategy?
Sounds like it wanted to do incrementals but complained
it was not allowed to because of the strategy.  Guessing here.

> tried to put noinc in double quotes (" ") and I ran amcheck
> after saving the configuration. Amanda printed the following
> error:
> "/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf", line 259: STANDARD or NOFULL expected
> amcheck: errors processing config file "/etc/amanda/daily/amanda.conf"
> Except for the fact that amanda didn't like the quotes, why
> does it complain that only STANDARD and NOFULL are expected?
> What about the other strategy options?

Left over, unchanged message from when only the two strategies were available?

However, more reading would uncover in amanda.conf:

#   strategy    - set the dump strategy.  Valid strategies are currently:
# ...
#                 "noinc"    - do level 0 dumps every time.
#                              Unfortunately, this is not currently implemented.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)