Amanda-Users

Re: R: R: Access restriction in amrecover

2003-04-30 10:06:45
Subject: Re: R: R: Access restriction in amrecover
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
To: Creator <creator AT mindcreations DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:58:03 -0400
On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:51:57PM +0200, Creator wrote:
> I'm sorry Jean-Louis but it is not clear to me how to implement your
> suggestion.

I didn't say that it's possible to do it now with amanda, you will have
to patch amanda if you want this feature.

> Please, can you provide a configuration example?

Add an entry 'restore_host' in a dumptype that list the host that can restore
this DLE.

eg. restore_host hosta.domain.com hostb.domain.com

You will have to patch amindexd and amidxtaped to use and enforce
the restore_host option, the default is that all host can restore a DLE.

I see one big problem with that, if a customer start a recovery just before
your amdump start, your amdump will not be able to use the drive, all
dump will go to holding disk.

Jean-Louis