Amanda-Users

Re: amanda/udp server failing on solaris 8

2003-04-29 12:23:02
Subject: Re: amanda/udp server failing on solaris 8
From: Doug Silver <dsilver AT urchin DOT com>
To: amanda users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:21:00 -0700
On Tuesday 29 April 2003 09:07 am, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 05:56:21PM +0200, Liam Pace wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Solaris 8 server with a tape loader and I back up a number of
> > linux / solaris machines. However on one solaris 5.8 machine I'm getting
> > the following error in /var/adm/messages when I run an amcheck from the
> > server. The amanda service is up and running and amanda client seems to
> > be installed correctly. Any idea anyone?
> >

> > Apr 29 17:34:27 searchmalta inetd[191]: [ID 858011 daemon.warning]
> > /usr/local/libexec/amandad: Hangup
> > Apr 29 17:34:33 searchmalta last message repeated 38 times
> > Apr 29 17:34:34 searchmalta inetd[191]: [ID 667328 daemon.error]
> > amanda/udp server failing (looping), service terminated
>
> How about messages in /tmp/amanda ?

I remember stumbling across this years ago and I seem to recall it was a
problem with inetd and tcp wrappers where the tcp wrapper was bouncing the
connection and amanda would keep trying it, thus the looping error.  But,
that was a long time ago, at my previous job, and the grey matter is fuzzy at
best ;)

-doug