Amanda-Users

Re: Selfcheck, Host Down Errors

2003-04-29 02:10:57
Subject: Re: Selfcheck, Host Down Errors
From: Onime Clement <onime AT ictp.trieste DOT it>
To: Matt Hughes <mhughes AT inav DOT net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:05:22 +0200 (CEST)

It maybe that the RedHat 9.0 firewall is blocking out-going connections
(especially if high security was selected during installation).
To temporarily disable the firewall Try the command (as root)
        service iptables stop
Then try to run amcheck again. If it succeeds then you might need to
customise (or lower) the firewall settings.

Clement