Amanda-Users

Re: tape request via email

2003-04-28 11:08:01
Subject: Re: tape request via email
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:05:18 -0400
On Mon April 28 2003 10:44, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 12:46:11PM +0400, vlad f halilow wrote:
>> hello, i change the request() function in chg-manual for
>> requesting tape via our monitoring system. but one thing: in the
>> amanda dump report, i look the string for the next tape to be
>> inserted (awaiting tape). which variable or file contain string
>> for the next tape? so tape request note looks like following:
>>
>> 'insert new tape'
>> 'insert tapename10' etc...
>>

>> how i can made this?
>
>The various changer scripts, such as chg-manual, are standalone
> programs. When called I do not think they have available the
> information about which tape should be used next.
>
>I don't know of a simple, foolproof way to determine what tape you
> should request without changes to other parts of amanda.

Since the tapelist name order changes with use, couldn't the next
tape be deduced from reading that file?  I currently have an
unrelated to this script running that reports the tape currently in
the device by reading that file, and keeps a backup of the configs
and indices that made tape#xx by that method.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: