Amanda-Users

Re: hardware vs software compression (was Re: amflush/amcheck not in sync?)

2003-04-25 11:21:28
Subject: Re: hardware vs software compression (was Re: amflush/amcheck not in sync?)
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
Paul,

RE: VMS HW tape compression.

I also had some problem enabling HW compation on my DDS-3 drive.

I've found that if I add "/Media_Format=Compation" to $ Mount
and $ Backup and not just to the $ Initialize command that I
was in fact able to enable the HW compression on my drive.

Note that there are some odditities in the display of some
systems/versions. The function however is intact.

Thanks Steve, it worked !

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org