Amanda-Users

Re: keeping dumps around on disk after write to tape?

2003-04-23 18:44:42
Subject: Re: keeping dumps around on disk after write to tape?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:44:37 -0400
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:48:03PM -0600, Aaron Wohl wrote:
> Id like amanda to write all the dumps to disk before they go to tape.
> Then after its written to tape the dumps should stay online as long as
> there is space for them. Ive got amanda working fine writing to tape.
>
> Its kind of annoying to have to go find a tape to do a recent restore
> while the 450 gigs I gave amanda to play with sits empty.

I noticed in the ChangeLog:

    2003-04-07  Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
        [[ snip ]]
        * NEWS: rait: works with file:

IIRC, the RAIT can be used to mirror two tape drives to get duplicate tapes.
If that is correct, can one of them be a tape drive and the second a file:  ???

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)