Amanda-Users

AMANDA and syslog

2003-04-14 07:28:18
Subject: AMANDA and syslog
From: marc.bigler AT day DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:49:04 +0200
Hello,

I am using an AMANDA 2.4.3 server and clients running on Solaris 9 and just
remarked that on the clients amanda log messages where logged using the
mail facility of syslog, that sounds a bit strange to me... I guess the
daemon facility would be a better choice for logging it's log messages no ?
Or is maybe something wrong in my amanda installation ?

Here are the message that I see getting logged into my /var/mail/maillog
log file:

Apr 14 01:00:02 client.domain.tld amandad[5065]: [ID 927837 mail.info]
connect from backupserver.domain.tld

My mail facility loggin in syslog.conf is the following:

mail.info                       /var/log/maillog

Regards
Marc