Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck-server/changer info error, please help!

2003-04-10 16:03:43
Subject: Re: amcheck-server/changer info error, please help!
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Ashwin Bijur <abijur AT craft-tech DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:31:36 -0400
On Thu April 10 2003 12:10, Ashwin Bijur wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I get the following error when I run amcheck <config>:
>
>amcheck-server: could not get changer info: <error> could not read
>result from "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-scsi" (got signal 11)
>
>How do I fix this?

First two things to check would be: does the file exist, and who
owns it.

If you edited it and copied it in as root, chances are the user
amanda cannot read it.  Everything in the config directory tree
should be owned by amanda:disk(or whatever group you made amanda a
member of for unfettered disk access rights)  A
"chown -R amanda:groupname amanda" in /usr/local/etc (if thats where
its at) is the usual fix for that, by user root of course.

>Thanks in advance.  Please email your reply to
> abijur AT craft-tech DOT com.

You get an email reply only because kmail automaticly sends one when
replying to the mailing list too.  I get more $&+%^)_(*& bounces
that way :(  If I could train kmail to reply only to the list,
without having to edit the To: line, I would in a heartbeat.

The moral of this story is to subscribe to the mailing list, and
when a question comes by that you can answer, jump right in just as
if you had green skin like me!  :-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: