Amanda-Users

Re: What's the link between a file/DLE and the tape name?

2003-04-08 10:01:51
Subject: Re: What's the link between a file/DLE and the tape name?
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT collinsworth DOT info>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:35:32 +0200

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Toralf Lund wrote:

> How exactly does amrecover etc. determine on what tape a particular
file
> was stored?

A complete list of files backed up and at what dump level is stored
in the index database during each amdump run.  This can then be
consulted at restore time to determine which tape(s) are needed.
Well, that didn't answer my question. What I asked was: How are these index entries actually connected to tape labels, which aren't mentioned in the index (as far as I can tell)? Is the tape name determined through tapelist search, or is additional info stored somewhere?

- Toralf