Amanda-Users

Re: Tapelist file

2003-04-08 05:39:40
Subject: Re: Tapelist file
From: a blob of green gelatin <jello AT lava DOT net>
To: Amanda User <amanda AT murtix DOT com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:20:28 -1000 (HST)
I think all I did for mine was (as user 'amanda'):

touch /usr/local/etc/amanda/dailies/tapelist

once it was created (as an empty file),  amlabel would see it and use it
accordingly.

hope that helps,

Cheers,

Chris

On 7 Apr 2003, Amanda User wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am trying to amlabel the tapes (actually they will be harddrive
> directories) but I am getting an error about tapelist file is not exist.
> I looked high and end, and there is not any sample or doc for howto
> create this tapelist file. here is the error:
>
> [root@backup01 DailySet1]# su amanda -c "/usr/local/sbin/amlabel DailySet1
> DailySet101 slot 1"
> amlabel: could not load tapelist "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapelist"
>
> How am I going to create a tapelist file ?
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Murtix.

----

Celestial navigation is based on the premise that the Earth is the
center of the universe.  The premise is wrong, but the navigation
works.  An incorrect model can be a useful tool.
                -- Kelvin Throop III