Amanda-Users

Re: How to use more than one tape per backup

2003-04-07 19:17:51
Subject: Re: How to use more than one tape per backup
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Otavio Fernando Moraes <moraes AT microcity.com DOT br>, "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:48:11 -0500
--On Monday, April 07, 2003 17:57:14 -0300 Otavio Fernando Moraes <moraes AT
microcity.com DOT br> wrote:

Hi,

My backup doesn`t fit in only one tape. How can I configure Amanda to eject
the first tape so the responsable person can insert another?

Regards,

Otavio

If someone will be there when Amanda needs a new tape, you can try the
chg-manual changer script.  If not, and if you have enough holding disk,
you can just let it backup to disk and run amflush later to move it to
tape.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com