Amanda-Users

Re: Client Configuration

2003-04-07 17:33:39
Subject: Re: Client Configuration
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Amanda User <amanda AT murtix DOT com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:10:42 -0400 (EDT)
On 7 Apr 2003 at 3:33pm, Amanda User wrote

>     I am new at amanda system, and I have seen there is not too much
> documentation about it on the net. I would like to create a Linux client
> which will send the files to be backed up by amanda server at remote
> location.
>
>     do you have any docs for a newbie to setup an amanda  client ? Or of
> you have a sample conf file, I can also take a look at that.

docs/INSTALL in the tarball and "the chapter" at
<http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda.html> are good places to start.  Feel
free to come back here with specific questions when (probably not if) you
run into difficulties.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering