Amanda-Users

Re: Build/Install fails on Solaris 8.

2003-04-06 04:07:48
Subject: Re: Build/Install fails on Solaris 8.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 01:49:47 -0500
On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 12:07:34AM -0500, Steve Fulton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been able to successfully compile Amanda under Solaris 8, but it fails
> when I use "make install".  I believe the issue has to do with the
> "install" program that the Makefile references, since the command line
> options it references fail.  I've changed the line "install -c" to simply
> "install" without success.  Can anyone suggest a work-around, or where I
> could find another version of the install program that would work?  Another
> option would be a pre-compiled version of Amanda for Solaris 8/sparc (I've
> checked sunfreeware.com, it's not there).

Solaris comes with 3 "installs"; /usr/sbin/install, /usr/ucb/install, and
if the companion cd software is installed, /opt/sfw/bin/ginstall.

On both Solaris 8 and 9, using amanda 2.4.2, 2.4.3, and 2.4.4, my configure
found and successfully used the ginstall in /opt/sfw.  I believe the one
in /usr/ucb would work also.  It wants a "BSD compatible" install.

Include the above directories in your path and redo your configure, build,
and install.
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)