Amanda-Users

Build/Install fails on Solaris 8.

2003-04-06 01:13:53
Subject: Build/Install fails on Solaris 8.
From: Steve Fulton <steve-amanda AT esoteric DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 00:07:34 -0500
Hi all,

I've been able to successfully compile Amanda under Solaris 8, but it fails when I use "make install". I believe the issue has to do with the "install" program that the Makefile references, since the command line options it references fail. I've changed the line "install -c" to simply "install" without success. Can anyone suggest a work-around, or where I could find another version of the install program that would work? Another option would be a pre-compiled version of Amanda for Solaris 8/sparc (I've checked sunfreeware.com, it's not there).

-- Steve