Amanda-Users

Re: Where oh where is chg-scsi?

2003-04-05 16:21:43
Subject: Re: Where oh where is chg-scsi?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 14:50:55 -0500
On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 07:44:47AM -0800, Dege, Robert C wrote:

> I have a Quantum PowerStor L200 Disk Changer with a Quantum DLT8000 tape
> drive builtin.  It is connected to an alpha running TRU64 5.1A.
>
> Now that I have my specs out of the way, lemme explain my problem.  This is
> my first time setting up an amanda server, so I made sure to read the docs
> to the best of my ability.  As I built & configured amanda, I decided that
> chg-scsi would be the best choice to interact with the tape changer.
> However, after I finished configuring the device, chg-scsi.conf, and
> amanda.conf, I discover that the chg-scsi binary was never built or
> installed into libexec.
>
> Based on the TapeChanger doc, chg-scsi seemed to be best suited for my
> hardware configuration.  But now that it's not there, my next best option is
> to use the chg-multi.
>
> I was curious why chg-scsi was never built, or if I configured something
> incorrectly.  I listed my configure paramters below:

This is a guess on my part, chg-scsi in the source dirs is a shell script.
But it needs OS specific C modules to be compiled.  I see things like
scsi-solaris.c, scsi-hpux.c, ... but no scsi-tru64.c.  Perhaps it has never
been ported to tru64 and thus does not build.

Any reason not to install mtx (sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net) and use
chg-??-mtx?
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)