Amanda-Users

Where oh where is chg-scsi?

2003-04-05 12:44:35
Subject: Where oh where is chg-scsi?
From: "Dege, Robert C" <RDege AT northropgrumman DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 07:44:47 -0800
I have a Quantum PowerStor L200 Disk Changer with a Quantum DLT8000 tape
drive builtin.  It is connected to an alpha running TRU64 5.1A.

Now that I have my specs out of the way, lemme explain my problem.  This is
my first time setting up an amanda server, so I made sure to read the docs
to the best of my ability.  As I built & configured amanda, I decided that
chg-scsi would be the best choice to interact with the tape changer.
However, after I finished configuring the device, chg-scsi.conf, and
amanda.conf, I discover that the chg-scsi binary was never built or
installed into libexec.

Based on the TapeChanger doc, chg-scsi seemed to be best suited for my
hardware configuration.  But now that it's not there, my next best option is
to use the chg-multi.

I was curious why chg-scsi was never built, or if I configured something
incorrectly.  I listed my configure paramters below:

./configure CFLAGS="-O4 -fast -tune=ev6" CPPFLAGS="-O4 -fast -tune=ev6"
--prefix=/usr/local/amanda --with-configdir=/usr/local/amanda/configs
--with-suffixes=no --with-index-server=fe-server
--with-user=amanda --with-group=amanda --with-config=fe_nightly
--with-tape-device=/dev/ntape/tape2 --with-changer-device=/dev/changer/mc1
--with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/tar --with-mmap --with-buffered-dump

-Rob