Amanda-Users

Force a level 0 after a FAILED?

2003-04-01 14:12:07
Subject: Force a level 0 after a FAILED?
From: Chris Blackburn <cblackbu AT stinkytoe DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:35:27 -0800

I am running into some problems with Amanda and full backups. We have amanda using samba to backup a number of PC's. Sometimes, the users will power off their machine for the night, or for whatever other reason the backup will reach a FAILED status. When this happens on a level 0, I would think that it would try to do a level 0 again the next night, but it just performs a level 1, as if the level 0 didn't fail.

Is there anything that can be done, so if a level 0 fails, the next run will try to do another level 0? That is without operator intervention (amadmin force ) ??

Thanks,

Chris