Amanda-Users

Re: Desired options. Was [RE: Frontend , UI for amanda ?]

2003-04-01 13:10:28
Subject: Re: Desired options. Was [RE: Frontend , UI for amanda ?]
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Keith Higgs <dkh2 AT cwru DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:38:27 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 at 11:03am, Keith Higgs wrote

4 very long lines.  Please add some line breaks.

> I would really like options to send tape administration reminders to a
> specified email address as part of the amcheck process.  I could then
> schedule amcheck to run long enough ahead the call to amdump for the
> operator to change the tape if needed.

amcheck in a crontab should be able to do all this.  You can specify the
address to receive amcheck mails on the command line (-Maddress) and/or
you can specify multiple mail recipients in amanda.conf.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering