Amanda-Users

Problem with amrecover

2003-03-28 03:12:05
Subject: Problem with amrecover
From: Bartho Saaiman <bartho AT cae.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:17:46 +0200
Hi All :)

I am trying to restore from a tape using amrecover. If I use
amrecover DailyBackup it says:
> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on localhost ...
> amrecover: cannot connect to localhost: Connection refused

If I use the -s backup and/or -t backup I also get the same:
> AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on backup ...
> amrecover: cannot connect to backup: Connection refused

I previously had a similar problem and rectified this by editing the
/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts and added localhost root to the file. Tried this as I am running amrecover as root but still could not fix it.

Any suggestions on what I am missing??

--
# Bartho Saaiman
# Network Administrator