Amanda-Users

Re: List of files on tape

2003-03-26 12:34:29
Subject: Re: List of files on tape
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Dalton Hubert <dalton AT utanet DOT at>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:57:34 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 at 3:27pm, Dalton Hubert wrote

> 'index yes' is set, but i do not want to browse the file list on the tape, i
> want to have log-files on my machine, which include the whole file list.
> Current problem: A file disappeared, but we do not know when and I don't want
> insert 10 tapes and search on every tape the file.
> So i want go through the log-files, for searching the file, to find out on
> which
> tape i can find it.
>
> Is this possible?

The index files *are* kept on disk, in the indexdir specified in your
amanda.conf file.  amrecover uses those index files.  Again, 'man
amrecover' for all the details, including how to specify the date you want
amrecover to recover files from.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering