Amanda-Users

Re: Premature overwriting of level 0.

2003-03-23 15:50:30
Subject: Re: Premature overwriting of level 0.
From: Vytas Janusauskas <vytas AT dendron DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:33:44 -0500
Hi Amanda Users,

I have 20 tape for daily archiving. I have successfully done one pass through the tapes with Amanda. I am now back to tape 4 up to this point all Level 0 archives to be overwritten have been redone. I am coming up to tape 5 tomorrow and from looking at the amoverview table I see one to the DLE level 0 will be overwritten. Today's amdump for the DLE in question states:

vxa2://pent20/pent20-c 1 [dumps way too big, must skip incremental dumps]

Yes all the DLE I am archiving are Windows disks. The above message has been appearing in all my Amanda reports for various DLEs. What must I do to ensure that all my level 0 are not overwritten before they are archived a second time? I have days where lots of new files get created. Can some explain why none of my backups are ever level 2 or higher?

Amanda version 2.4.2p2.

Thanks

Vytas

Vytas Janusauskas