Amanda-Users

Re: [amanda] config troubles in RedHat

2003-03-20 18:43:03
Subject: Re: [amanda] config troubles in RedHat
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jeanne Case <jdcase AT stmarys-ca DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:17:21 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 at 12:29pm, Jeanne Case wrote

> Uncle! I have been trying to get amanda working on a RedHat 7.3 box for
> a while now. I am probably missing something small or obvious that I am
> just not getting.  I am running Amanda 2.4.4. Some help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
>   I have made the entries in the xinet.d as follows:

There is no file or directory with that name.  Did you put those entries
in /etc/xinetd.conf or in a file (what name?) in the directory
/etc/xinetd.d?

> These dumps were to tape DailySet1002.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DailySet1004.
>
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>    planner: ERROR Request to hok2 timed out.
>    hok2       / RESULTS MISSING
>    hok2       /boot RESULTS MISSING
>    hok2       /usr RESULTS MISSING
>    hok2       /var RESULTS MISSING
>    hok2       /home RESULTS MISSING
>    hok2       /www RESULTS MISSING

What's in /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug and /tmp/amanda/sendsize*debug on
hok2?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering